The Face Shop – South Korea-based skincare and cosmetics manufacturer & retailer. While surfing, Nykaa app came across some offer for Buy 2 Get 1 Free Face Mask & I tried some masks. With this they had Buy 5 & get 5 free offer as well. Now let’s dig into what exactly are these & how do they work on our skin.
They have some 30+ face masks which focuses on working with skin by adding some natural elements & some extracts in their face sheet masks. Will soon add reviews for other 2 masks!!
Product Name:- The Solution – Pore Care Face Mask
If one checks the packet carefully, will see a name “Tannin” below on the left corner. After much research, I came across what exactly is this Tannin!!
“Tannins are naturally occurring compounds that exist inside grape skins, seeds and stems. The scientific word for these compounds is polyphenols. You experience the effect of tannins any time you drink a wine that creates a drying sensation in your mouth.”
If you want to try a trick that can help you recognize a tannin when you taste it, brew a cup of extra strong black tea. Tannins naturally occur in black tea and their characteristics emerge when the tea is brewed a few minutes longer than recommended. After brewing the tea, take a sip and you’ll immediately notice a slight bitterness in the middle of your tongue and a dryness in the front of your mouth – this is a tannin.
Reason for Choosing this Mask:- I have oily skin combination with sensitive, hence it becomes bit tricky while choosing products for me. However read alot about these & thought let’s go ahead with this
Price:- Rs 150 for 1 sheet mask (1 single use)
Now talking about “The Solution Face Mask” series they focus on certain issues related to skin.
- Pore Care Face Mask – The serum containing Tannins helps reduce shine and provides a pore care solution to oily skin
- Smoothing Solution Face Mask – The serum containing Black Willow Bark Extract provides an exfoliating solution to rough skin
- Hydrating Solution Face Mask – A serum containing Hyaluronic Acid helps dry, thirsty skin lock in moisture
- Soothing Solution Face Mask – The serum containing Madecassoside provides a soothing solution to sensitive skin
- Brightening Solution Face Mask – The serum containing Pearl powder provides a brightening solution to dull skin
- Nourishing Solution Face Mask – The serum containing Propolis provides a nourishing solution to exhausted skin
- Wrinkle Solution Face Mask – The serum containing Peptides provides a wrinkle care solution
- Firming Solution Face Mask – The serum containing Collagen provides a resilience solution to saggy skin
- Moisturizing Solution Face Mask – The serum containing Ceramides provides a moisturizing solution to dry, rough skin
- Radiance Solution Face Mask -The serum containing Vitamin C provides a radiance solution to lackluster skin
All the above are formulated without parabens.
Face Mask:- The mask is super-light & once you apply this sheet of weightless paper (Only 0.21 mm thin) you will feel nice cooling effect.
Procedure to use the Mask:-
- Wash face and apply toner (Any regular toner, I usually use water)
- Remove sheet from package and remove film on one side of sheet
- Apply evenly and firmly to face
- Remove sheet after 10 to 20 minutes and gently pat to promote absorption of remaining essence
- If required massage with soft fingers on the face. Do not rub this gel on face as it might irritate the skin
Verdict on this Face Mask:- The mask is super soft & sticky. Sticky as in the gel in it makes it a bit sticky on face (No issues after you wash it off). I have prominent blackheads & whiteheads after a normal cleanup, the large open pores are visible. This particular sheet has a pretty pleasant fragrance which made me think twice for using it. I went ahead & opened the sheet after removing the white paper off the mask. The mask has a paper on it, you need to remove it softly & then apply the mask on the face for nice 20 mins & take a nap. This mask lets the perfect hydration on face leaving it a glow + matte effect. However this doesn’t last for a long time.
P.S. – Make sure you turn the sheet upside down as the gel might remain below during transit. I faced this issue, after using the pack it was noticed the gel was remaining inside the packet. I used the remaining gel inside to massage my face softly after the mask application time was over.
- Super-light on face
- Full of fragrance
- Cools the face, leaving a nice cooling effect for sometime
- Travel-friendly & easy to carry in any small pouch
- Savior for last moment fix (For a undecided party to attend/ when you cannot manage parlor appointment & want something at home)
- Affordable for one time use
- Soothes the pores
- Major drawback is the sticky gel which lasts until the whole session (However the mask is dipped in serum, so I feel it will be same with other masks as well. Not really sure about it)
- Glow does not last for a long time. Maybe for 1 to 2 days
- Does not work much on face pores to a large extent (The pores won’t shrink)
- This particular sheet won’t provide much hydration to dry skin (Please check the above serum elements & skin issues before buying these online)
Have you tried any masks before?? Not used any? Go ahead to buy these super affordable ones if you miss to go to the parlor any time. Tell us in the reviews section about this review & some super creative ideas for the blog 🙂
You can buy these online on My Nykaa app or website.