Heylo Peeps. I’m back with a break & this time its related to food which is yummy and healthy. In April, came across a brand named “EPIGAMIA” tried contacting via email & they agreed to send their product for reviews. Now their name sounds interesting isn’t it? I personally fell in love with the name, after checking their website came across an interesting fact behind the name.
“Thousands of years, the ancient Greek & Indian Civilizations decided to put aside their differences to unite & flourish together under a peace treaty called “EPIGAMIA”. Inspired, we call ourselves Epigamia in our quest to unite the worlds of health & taste in a harmonious blend.”
How is Greek Yogurt different from the normal ones?
Greek Yogurt is made by straining the yogurt to remove the “WHEY” (the liquid remaining after the milk is curdled), and the end result is a more-solid yogurt with less sugar, fewer carbohydrates, and more protein compared to regular yogurt (Source – Google)
In India, Nestle a+ Grekyo & Epigamia are two healthy yogurt options available. These are available on BigBasket, Nature’s Basket or one can contact the brands via email and ask about availability in a particular city.
It is LOW FAT
Epigamia is India’s first all-natural Greek yogurt. It is thick and creamy in texture, low in fat and high in protein, with double the amount of protein as compared to regular “Flavored Yogurts” or “Dahi”. In addition, they 100% committed to using natural ingredients and zero preservatives. Due to its many flavors and nutritional benefits, Epigamia makes for a great snack on its own or a super versatile ingredient in a wide variety of recipes.
They have kept it all free of preservatives with absolute no hint of chemicals. All natural, no preservatives or artificial fragrances is been added. The yogurt is so soft in texture & full of flavors. It can be used for lunch or evening snacks.
Difference between Plain Yogurt & Greek Yogurt
– Greek yogurt has almost more protein then the regular yogurt
– It is absolute pleasure to have these as it is a low fat treat
-No Cholesterol, excellent source of Vit.C
-Free from artificial fragrance/flavor, preservatives. It has added sugar (Natural flavors & colors, this makes it’s shelf life less)
-The texture is smooth & tastes more yummy then the plain ones
🔹Strawberry Greek Yogurt with Chunky Granola
🔸Cream & Onion Greek Yogurt with Barley Puffs
🔹Jalapeno Greek Yogurt with Barley Puffs
🔸Mango Greek Yogurt with Chunky Granola.
They have 2 fruit yogurt with granola on top & 2 snack yogurt with barley puffs.
Now these can be used in many ways:-
-Chapati Rolls (Chapati rolls with these is again an healthy option)
-Frozen Ice Cubes/Ice Cream
There are many other ways of having these yummy treats and once you get it I’m pretty sure anyone can make anything with it.
- Toast a bread in a toaster or a plain hot pan
- Now use any Greek Yogurt of your choice as a toast spread
- You can add some fresh berries or sliced apples too
- Caramelized fruits would be great too, but then the sugar level would increase here
- The snacky yogurt can be used on a toast with some green/black olives or jalapenos & can be slightly grilled
- Roast some vermicelli on a pan
- Now take a bowl of yogurt of any choice (Strawberry) works well with this
- Mix the roasted vermicelli & add some roasted dry fruits with some fresh seasonal fruits
- Tadaa & you are ready with a amazing Vermicelli Smoothie
- You can add some groundnuts mixture or chia seeds to the above recipe
Desi – Videsi Sandwich Story
- Take a bowl add some Jalapeno or Cream Onion Yogurt
- Add some freshly chopped onions, cucumber, cabbage mix it well keep it for nice 10mins to set
- Now heat the pan, slightly toast the bread on it
- When on pan, add the bowl mixture on the top of the bread, use some fresh coriander or lettuce as toppings (you can also add some oregano, red chilly fakes too else for a desi touch add some chaat masala to it)
- Cover the filling with another bread & now let it be on low flame for 5mins, one can alternately use something to press the bread(a plain plate base works wonder) & toast them
- This can be done on a toaster easily. (No need to add much salt to this mixture) For toppings, fresh olives or mushrooms, corn, chia seeds, roasted cashews can be used too (Trust me these taste yummy)
My Take on Epigamia – Quality and Quantity is what makes Epigamia different from the plain ones. They are affordable as these are priced at nominal rates. Plain Greek Yogurt is for Rs.35, Flavored Yogurt is Rs.38 & the Snacky ones with Granola & Barley Puffs is priced at Rs.50 or 60 One serving(Plain + Flavored) is 90gm. The 4 snack-pack ones are 100gm or 112gm. The simplest form is having it mixed with some granola, dry fruits, some healthy seeds(pumpkin, chia), muesli or plain oats. Greek Yogurt contains almost the double benefits then the Plain Dahi. High Protein with Calcium & Low Fat. A 90g serve of Epigamia Greek Yogurt provides 140mg calcium and and 6g of protein.
DO’S AND DONT’S
Kindly check the date on the pack before purchasing. Consume immediately once opened. Store refrigerated at 4 degree Celsius or below. Do not consume if it is open & kept refrigerated for whole day. Would recommend to consume it in few hours
P.S. They package was solely sent for review & these are my honest opinions. I personally felt no cons for them and totally give thumbs up for each flavor. It can be loved by kids, adults & teenagers too although they would have a certain choice from the above. I personally loved strawberry with chunky granola a lot.
Overall this is a healthy option & can be used as a substitute for oily snacks or breakfast. You can check their website and Instagram page for more details. Apologies for few pictures, my phone had none of Epigamia clicks after I came back home, tried to manage with what all was available 🙂
Catch me and my insta stories on @yogeetarane.
4,644 total views, 1 views today