As we come of age and go through our teenage period. There are a lot of changes that happen in our bodies. Acne is one of the most visible of these changes. It leaves marks in the form of dark spots on the face. Although, it is not the end of the world to have acne and its scars on your face. Having it at such a tender age as a teenager can result in a lack of confidence in oneself.
Dark spots on the face are usually harmless but can have drastic effects on a person’s overall confidence and personality.
Here are some interesting facts that you should be knowing about dark spots:
- Dark spots are a result of increased melanin production in some areas of the skin which causes some spots to appear hyperpigmented. Melanin is a pigment found in the human body responsible for the dark color of hair, skin, and eyes.
- Dark spots do not have a bumpy texture like acne and are painless. They are similar to skin texture but appear as darker and blotchy spots.
- Dark spots are also caused by UV rays of the sun, acne, medication, pregnancy, and many more.
- Age spots are also a form of dark spots that appears when your skin grows older and mature. These age spots are also due to sun damage caused at an early age or combined with other factors that result in dark spots.
- Other factors that can result in dark spots are skin conditions such as melasma which causes patchy and uneven skin tone and hyperpigmentation primarily on the face.
- The most important fact about dark spots is that they can appear at any age.
Be it any age, you must take good care of your skin properly to prevent the appearance of dark spots. A healthy-looking skin and glowing face are what we all strive for after all.
Now that you have the surprising facts about dark spots, it’s time to know what could be the possible treatment for it. Some of the treatment are listed below:
- Dark Spots Can Be Reduced
It is good news that dark spots can be reduced over time by using face products that are specially designed for this purpose. A good spot correction cream with ingredients like licorice extracts and aloe vera can work effectively to reduce the melanin production responsible for causing dark spots. It should also be nourishing to the skin so that the skin does not suffer from dryness.
- Use A Sunscreen Daily
If you are someone who does not consider using sunscreen, then you want to rethink that decision. Direct sun exposure to the skin can cause damage to skin cells and as a consequence increase melanin production that causes dark spots. Using sunscreen is crucial as it not only protects against skin disease but also has lasting effects which will benefit your skin in older age.
- Face Masks
Including face masks in your beauty regime reduces the dark spots along with additional benefits such as skin tightening and brightening. A face mask with the goodness of aloe vera can work wonders for your skin hyperpigmentation.
- Temporary Treatment
Dark spots are not going to fade away in a day. As much as we do treatments to correct the dark spots, we have to get on with our daily life. You can use makeup for this purpose. There are cc creams available in the market that covers the dark spots effectively along with ingredients to reduce them.
Dark spots are treatable if you pay them special attention. Don’t let anything bring your confidence down, not even dark spots.