Menstrual Cycle is a part and parcel of every female’s life. For some of us, it is the most painful day of our lives. Many of us struggle to use the right period care product. Our every action should make sure that Mother Earth isn’t harmed. This is where Sirona Menstrual Cup comes into the picture.
Every year we see so much unwanted trash that adds up to the landfill creating havoc for everyone around. We often forget the harmful effects of everything we use or throw after use. Having said that, sanitary pads are mostly non-degradable or takes 1000 years to degrade slowly. There are many organic pad options but again many of us need something cost-effective. This should come a long way and cause no harm to us or the environment. Making an economical choice is our decision.
Sirona is a well-known brand based in Delhi. They have all women’s hygiene and intimate care products. We often listen to our elders and their stories about cloth pads. Our generation is blessed to have sanitary pads, menstrual cups, and tampons.
Product Name – Sirona Reusable Menstrual Cup with Pouch
Price – Rs. 399 but is usually on a discount
What is a Menstrual Cup?
A menstrual cup is a product that replaces conventional sanitary pads/tampons. They last for a longer period and do not harm the environment. Many of them refrain from using a menstrual cup and feel it might be difficult. Ideally, if you master using the cup insertion technique there is no looking back.
Will the Sirona Menstrual Cup get lost inside my vagina?
The answer is no. The only way out is removing it from the vagina. It can never get lost inside. Once you insert it well inside, you hear a sound like it popped in or opened inside. This is the sign that it fits well inside.
Why opt for Sirona Menstrual Cup?
- Toxin-free and made up of medical-grade silicone
- It causes no rashes or allergy
- Easy to wear and last for 8 hours
- It is a flexible option and can be worn during travel or while swimming as well
- Once put inside it won’t cause any leaks
- It has no bad odor like we have while using the sanitary pads
There is a detailed information about using the menstrual cup here. I would suggest two small but important things. Calm yourself and master a fold to insert the cup inside. Try making the fold with the cup in your hand and then insert it inside.
For first-time users, keep checking the flow, empty the cup and wear it again. A menstrual cup can last for up to 10 yrs if you take good care and cleanse it thoroughly after every cycle. However, please decide and change your cup if it is worn out. This is the best economic and environment-friendly option.
Few Things to be done during the menstrual cycle
- Avoid junk food
- Do not stay awake for odd hours
- Listen to some calming music
- If possible close your eyes and meditate
- Gratitude has power, feel blessed to have periods in your life. They give you a chance to conceive and experience motherhood
- Mood Swings are common so don’t worry and get more anxious
- Eat wisely as a hormonal imbalance can even cause breakouts
- Wear something comfortable during your menstrual cycle for ease
- A hot water compress helps to soothe the period cramps
- Ajwain water is my favorite. Boil some and sip it warm. It does help with cramps
Also, read this.
Few things that can bother while using a menstrual cup – Every time you face difficulty to insert or remove as a newbie. The key is patience and staying calm. The right fit is important so please buy according to your age. They come in small, medium, and large sizes. If you feel the stem is bothering, trim it a little. Please note every time you remove it sanitize your hands and run it under tap water. This will be tiring, but it is an important step while re-inserting the menstrual cup.
I hope you all must have got the basics of a menstrual cup. If you have any doubts please feel free to comment here or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me and my latest updates on Instagram and be a part of my #InstaFam
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.” *This post contains affiliate links. This means I will earn a small amount for every purchase made using the above links.
545 total views, 3 views today