Indian wedding celebrations are known for delicious food and no Indian wedding menu is complete without sweets. Here is a list of the top 5 sweets that are the most popular sweets in Indian weddings:
- Rasmalai – This is a Bengali sweet but it is popular among all Indian people, it is made by flattening rasgulla and soaking it in sweetened milk. Cardamom and saffron are also used to add flavour to this sweet. Click here to learn more about wedding menus and wedding catering.
- Ghevar – Ghevar is a Rajasthani sweet, it is round porous sweet which is made using flour, milk, ghee e.t.c. There are few varieties of ghevar, the most popular of them is mali ghevar which has a sweet topping added to it.
- Gulabjamun – It is one of the most well known Indian sweets which is also popular in countries like Nepal, Bangladesh and Maldives. You can also find this sweet easily in Indian restaurants all over the world. This dish is prepared using milk solids and it is dipped in chashni to make it sweet.
- Gajar Ka Halwa – This sweet is a pudding which is made by using grated carrots. It is included in the wedding menu in many winter weddings. Dry fruits are usually added after preparation of halwa to enhance its taste.
- Basundi – Basundi is a popular Indian sweet which is mostly included in wedding menus for Maharashtrian and Gujarati weddings. This is also a milk based sweet with topping of dry fruits.